- is not less than 30 years of age, and
- is engaged in accordance with Articles 6.1.1. to 6.1.7,and
- is a holder of Bachelors degree from a recognized college or university or has acquired a diploma of Associateship from an institution offering a professional course relevant to the profession described in the above noted articles, and
- has a minimum of seven years of experience in the profession as described in the above noted Articles, and
- has been nominated by a chapter or branch of the Council, and
- has the support of at least two thirds of the votes carried at the respective Executive Committee meeting and thereafter at the Council meeting.
A person shall be eligible for admission as an Associate of the Institute if he: