- is not less than 21 years of age, and
- is engaged in accordance with Articles 6.1.1. to 6.1.7. and
- has a minimum of three years of experience in the profession as described in the above noted Articles, and
- has at least a Certificate of Proficiency (COP) awarded by the College of Insurance or an equivalent or higher relevant professional qualification, and
- has been nominated by a chapter or branch of the Council, and
- has the support of at least two thirds of the votes carried at the respective Executive Committee meeting and thereafter at the Council meeting.
A person shall be eligible for admission as an Ordinary member of the Institute if he: